INCOME GENERATION - FINANCIAL STABILITY
United Way Ghana believes that every person deserves an opportunity to improve their economic status, be able to support their families and live a life of dignity. Our Financial Empowerment Programs highlight the blueprint for a poverty-alleviating project that is intended to benefit poor families who incessantly struggle to acquire sufficient resources to meet their needs.
United Way Ghana, in an effort to help the poor and vulnerable people in the community, undertakes community needs assessments with the help of stakeholders within the community to identify the ideal interventions to be provided in order to end poverty by empowering individuals and families with the basic principles of sustainability in adult literacy, financial stability, and vocational skills training.
This addresses the 1st, 8th, 11th, and 17th United Nations Sustainable Development Goals which focus on No Poverty, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Sustainable Cities and Communities and partnership for the Goals respectively.`
Literacy Education; We teach adults to learn to read, write and understand basic mathematical concepts -giving them the tools they need to help their children with learning and be more financially educated for their small businesses or trade.
Financial Literacy & Entrepreneurial Skills; The adult learners are taken through financial literacy training and business development sessions to enable them set-up and successfully grow and manage their businesses
Vocational Skills; Providing beneficiaries with key Soft & Technical Skills such and educating them on how to effectively market their products.
Business Registration; After graduating the beneficiaries, We partner with the District Assemblies in the community to register the individual business of participants. This ensures the smooth running of the businesses even in the absence of United Way Ghana.
Goal: Improve Individuals and familiesí socio economic status and quality of life
- 4,800 individuals have access to job creation opportunities.
- 1000+ household heads trained and equipped with vocational, technical, and entrepreneurial skills to increase their employability opportunities.
- 60% of beneficiaries trained received starter packs and coaching support to set-up and run their businesses successfully.
- 100+ receive legal certificates to operate their small-scale businesses.
- 800+ household heads increased their income and financial stability and are now able to support households of 4,800+ individuals