Established in 2003, United Way Ghana is devoted to making a profound social impact within local communities in three focus areas: education, health and income generation – the key building blocks for a good quality of life in a thriving community.
We envision a society where every person is empowered to lead an informed, healthy and productive life by fighting for the education, health and financial stability of people in underserved communities in Ghana.
Being a member of the United Way Worldwide network, the largest privately-funded non-profit in the world with nearly 1800 communities across more than 40 countries and territories worldwide, United Way Ghana has access to a pool of resources that enables us to operate locally with a global footprint.
Developing cross-sector collaborations with local communities, business organizations, philanthropists, government and volunteers help us to deliver lasting impact and social change in disadvantaged Ghanaian communities. We believe that through our collaborative work and commitment, we can ensure every individual is able to live a life of dignity.
Throughout our history, United Way Ghana has been committed to strengthening communities and improving the quality of people’s lives. We are working together with stakeholders to influence positive social change by:
- Engaging and mobilizing our communities (funds, influence, time, knowledge).
- Consolidating the network of services and capacity of our implementing partners and volunteers in our communities.
- Influencing public attitudes, systems, and policies that affect our communities.
- Understanding and addressing underlying causes of issues in our communities.
- Providing programs and interventions in education, health and income generation that complement our traditional systems and address the gaps in social service delivery.
OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE
We fight for the education, health and financial stability of every person in every community in Ghana.
Together, we want to create brighter futures for our children and the community through quality education, optimum health care and financial independence.
WHY OUR WORK MATTERS